I wanted to start ed rebel as a way to discuss the outside the box idea. Being with like minded educators at ISTE is always one of the best parts. Why not continue to get with those like minded educators, and have them help you flesh out those outside the box ideas. Maybe they can give you new ideas you can implement tomorrow. To me, there is much we still have to change in the classroom. The traditional teacher centered lecture classroom in many ways needs to die. Until we rebel against that idea and get others to do the same though, we will still have to cater to that way of thought at least some. It's what students are used to, and they have to be able to do it at most colleges.
i also wanted to use this post to preview some of my topic ideas for the chat. Basically, I see the chat as starting on a focused topic, but it can also be a place to bring your craziest ideas. It can be a place to find like minded people to help you expand on that idea, and to help bring it to life. So here are some of our initial topics:
1. How do we convinced the unconvinced teachers about the ability of technology to change the classroom?
2. What is the craziest, most outside the box thing you have seen in a classroom? Did it work? How can we adapt it to our needs?
3. What apps do you use differently then their advertised use? How can adapt?
4. How do we convince administrators to get the technology we so desperately want?
5. How do we put technology in the hands of the teachers who will use it without going to big district wide initiatives?
6. How do we convince administrators that are outside the box practice works without looking at test scores?
7. How do we rearrange our classrooms to be a more student centered environment?
8. What is the best outside the box technology you have seen? How would you use it?
9. How can we change conferences?
10. What technology is not out there that you want to see in education? Why?
11. How do we deal with web filters?
I will use this post to continue to add to questions. So look for more updates!