Now that I finally have the MYO on my arm (you can see my first impressions in a previous post), its time to dream big. It's time to write out my wish list. I am not a developer, so if you are one or you are the Great folks @thalmic, at least give me some credit :)
1. A Fixed Unlock Feature- Really, the only consistent problem I have is the unlock feature. If I am doing something such as washing dishes or picking up, I want to be able to use my Myo to control music and devices. The device is unlocking on a consistent basis while doing this which means the device kind of becomes a pain to use. Thiswas not the main reason I bought the device though, so I am still in love with the Myo. I know this is a problem Thalmic is aware of, and I know they are working on it. My hope is the fix will come soon, and my guess is it could be as simple as changing the gesture to something that is less natural to replicate.
2. Added Gestures- I would imagine the device can map more gestures. This could give added capability in more complex software
3. Ability to Change Actions of Gestures- I think some gestures are more natural for some people, and the ability to change which gesture does which action would be really helpful.
4. More Presentation Features- This is another one that I have a feeling may be on its way. I think the Myo could give presenters a new way to interact with presentations by adding features such as a laser pointer, annotations, and zoom fairly easily.
5. A way to Move Between Apps Easily- This is going to tie right into Number 4 because I think that could possibly be an an answer, but there is a distinct need on the device to be able to switch between applications. The time I think of is working on my laptop and having to use the computer mouse in order to click on Itunes and change songs. I know that there have been hackathon videos where Myo/Pebble connections are circulating, and I would imagine if both companies partnered and got creative.
6. A partnership with Pebble- This is something that NEEDS to happen. To me these are two companies cut from the same cloth that could help each other in great ways. The application switching procedure is one idea. Maybe you could also use Pebble as a portal to switch bluetooth devices easily. Really, there are loads of possibilities that need to be explored. The combo could really give the Apple Watch a run for its money in my book.
7. Apple to Play Nice- I have read a couple of forum post on IOS development, and it seems that its pretty closed off and sandboxed which hinders Myo development. Hopefully, this will change for some of the more advanced wearables like the Myo. My guess is this may be the toughest task of all for Thalmic, as I would assume getting in with Apple is tough.
7. Siri Activation- Again, this may be tough because of Apple, but how awesome would it be to make a gesture and then through voice you could place a phone call, write a text, or have things read to you
8. A Youtube connector for all platforms- This seems to be the major thing missing in the media connectors category. There needs to be one that works effectively on all platforms. Could be a great add on for IOSs many people are now using Youtube on the go.
9. Connectors across all platforms- While we are on cross platform issue, the Netflix connector works on a laptop, but not on IOS. That needs to change. I am sure that this will be something in the future, but as Thalmic works with companies, they need to push for connectors that work on every platform.
10. The Debut of the Remote Control Connectors- I love my Sphero, and I want to have the jedi powers over it. I think this is huge for Myo as it extends the potential for the device. Hopefully, these connectors will debut soon.
11. Ed Tech Connectors- I think Myo's potential in the classroom is great, but it needs education connectors. I think these connections could be made easily as most of the edtech companies are smaller companies that are also looking for advantages. I would love to see Myo connectors for Nearpod, Kahoot, and Touchcast to start.
12. The Big Dream... Identity Verification- There are several bands and smart watches that are doing this today. I wonder if the Myo could read muscle signatures and use it to unlock things like website passwords and devices. Could it maybe even be a payment option at some point?
13. Something I Have Not thought of- I think the potential here is amazing, so I am sure there is something I have not thought of